Name of Track:
Horse Racing at River Downs
Opened in 1925, a year which marked the first organized racing in Cincinnati since the closing of the Old Oakley Race Course in 1910, River Downs offers racing fans a beautiful venue to bet the horses.
The track was originally named "Coney Island" due to its closeness to Coney Island Amusement Park, managed to survive the disastrous Cincinnati flood of 1937 and re-opened under the name of "River Downs." Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. purchased River Downs in 2011.
Live racing is held at River Downs racetrack from the beginning of April until Labor Day weekend.
River Downs Club Racing Information:
Live Racing Calendar: May - September
Notable Races at River Downs: